Monday, October 20, 2008
Amish pumpkin patch!
So last monday, Carlos and I went to visit the amish pumpkin patch. We were so excited! Once we reached amish territory, we were like kids at a candy store. We'd point and jump up and down and say "there's one!" when we would see on walking or riding a bike. As mean as this sounds, that was not our intentions at all. We are genuily fascinated by their lifestyle. With all the modern technology in this world, they get by without any of it. I have never seen a cuter group of kids playing out in the yards as these little amish boys and girls with their hats and bonnetts on. Anyways, we made it to the pumpkin patch, and I forget exactly how many acres it was, but it was huge. There was every kind of squash you can imagine, a pumpkin that was like 1000 pounds, bakerys (we got homemaid bread and pumpkin bread), a petting zoo, and of course, pumpkins gallore!!!!! We brought our dogs and pulled them around in a wagon. They were so tuckered out by the end of the day. On our way home we tried our darndest to get just one picture of one of their hourse and buggies. as you can tell by our pictures, we never got a good shot. It was a lot of fun and I WILL be going back next year.
Posted by DeLaBlog at 5:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
that looks so fun! we should make some amish bread! I am really loving that goped too! Moving object without doors bring back good memories! =)
I love the Amish. Simple living is simply great!
I love these pics, how fun!
whooooooa! you're so lucky!
Post a Comment