CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Patience is a virtue

Patience is a virtue that I don't have. I have come to realize this over the past year. Today in church, the lesson was on the Israelites leaving Egypt and heading for the promised land. Our teacher compared Egypt to ramen noodles and the promised land to steak. When food is involved I tend to understand a lot better. So this is how I thought about it......who would eat ramen noodles when they could have steak? Would you even think twice about what you would chose? I love ramen noodles! I could eat ramen noodles everyday. But I would still chose steak over ramen hands down. My point being.......Egypt was great, they enjoyed many things about Egypt. But the promised land was so much greater, yet the Israelites looked back and longed to be back in Egypt because they didn't have the patience and faith they needed to know that one day they would make it to the promised land and be way happier than they ever were. This is the parable of my life. If you don't like steak substitute it for something you do love......then you will understand.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great way to put it allie! lol your hilarious!