CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Good ol' Champaign



Well, as most of you know, Carlos and I moved to Champaign,Illinios for Carlos to attend law school. We literally left for Illinios the day after we got home from Cancun. The next 2 days were the longest of my life. We drove for 31 hours straight. We never stopped to sleep. It was a lot of fun driving through Colorado, especially when we drove through hail and snow and icy roads going 20 miles per hour dragging a trailer. We drove through a lot of flat lands with nothing but cornfeilds. I was constantly looking out the window to make sure that i didnt see any tornados forming. When we finally made it at midnight on sunday we were sooooo hungry and so tired. We had to unpack the car that night because our bed was the furthest thing back. It was the night from hell! But we made it. Now that we are here, it has been so fun putting my house together and finally getting to use all of our wedding gifts. Carlos is doing well at school. It really has been keeping him busy, but he loves it. I work at a salon in the middle of campus, and im already busy all day. I love the girls I work with and am so happy to be doing hair again. The other day carlos and i attended a gay bar. Im not sure if theres anything wrong with that. ha but we went to watch a drag queen performance, and it was hilarious. Since we've been here I have also ridden a real live train!! It was way cool. We ride our moped everywhere, and we are having the time of our lives. Ill put pictures up of that later. Carlos built a half pipe in our basement and is so proud of his work. I love my husband so much!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! pics of your new place! that is so exciting! it looks really big! i am so glad you can finally use all your nice wedding gifts! our next girl trip to champaign!!!!!

Amb & Dev said...

sweet! I love it!

Tammy Gregory said...

Your house is so cute and that's awsome that Carlos built that skate ramp. Sounds like you guys r having so much fun. I can imagine you guys on a moped lol. Soon it will be like Dumb and Dumber, you'll be froze together on that thing in Chicago. How funny about the gay bar,I would die!